Saturday, September 13, 2014

Trespassing Darkness


Oh, the thoughts I do not write out loud

The thoughts concealed from others

yet not wholly hidden

The ones weighed heavy

discontent

threatening breath and life


How I'd love to will them away

but no

It doesn't happen that way

I wish it did

It's a lazy desperation

while mired in imaginings

standing as shadow over this heart


Darkness and shadow...


Yes, sometimes I venture there

staying far too long

Roots fingering down

demanding vindication

lengthening oppression

These are not friendly roots

The shadow unsafe

I know this well


For truth stands vigilant

when mind cries vigilante

Truth stands still

and stills my heart

Stills roots that seek

to bind in stealth

...make bitter


How despised, this place I choose to go

These thoughts that trespass holiness

For in them I trespass darkness...

another's kingdom


I have no haven here




6 comments:

  1. I am impressed my friend. I did not know you did poetry also. But now that I think about it, your artistic-ness and deep thinking-ness would of course yield that. I really love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouragement, Cheryl. It's scary being this transparent and your words are a sweet hug of reassurance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully transparent, Bernadette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Beth. The struggle is real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've felt this struggle! Thanks for putting it into words so I can think about it more deeply and choose to let light thrive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Natalie. Writing it out helped me remember truth and light. I'm blessed that it resonated with you. As hard as this was to share, I had a feeling others would understand. Hugs as you ponder.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! This blog is a one way conversation without your response. I'd love to hear your comments...please check back for my reply. Life and laughter is best enjoyed with friends. Thanks for stopping by!