Friday, February 11, 2011

Quiet


I love this little spot on my over-sized sofa. Nestled into to the cushions, the sun streaming in behind me, I close my eyes and all is quiet. Sometimes quiet is such a strange thing - or should I say, unusual thing - that you can hear it. Do you know what I mean? For a moment there even my brain was quiet and I listened...oh, sweet quiet, you are music to my ears. And as I listened I remembered this verse in Isaiah, well, at least part of it, "in quietness and trust is your strength." So I opened a new tab on this little laptop and looked it up. Ah...here is all of the verse:

This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it." ~Isaiah 30:15

Oh my. The tears begin to flow. "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it." Oh my. How often do I reject the rest and quiet? How often do I delay repentance? Am I really trusting my "Sovereign LORD?" And my prayer is simply, "Oh, Jesus...." 

This morning I'm am loving the Spirit's conviction. I am treasuring the Lord's voice speaking softly to my heart. There is a sweet warmth to my tears. They are "coming home" tears. Yes, I am still sitting in my house, but all around me is the Lord's strong and gentle embrace. I am home. It is good to be here. And I know that as often as I come, He is here...along with this provision of salvation and strength...and rest. 

I will sign off now. Jesus is here. We're going to sit quietly together. Words aren't even necessary when He is here. He knows my every thought already. And, truly, I don't want to be so busy talking that I miss hearing what else He has to say. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk! This blog is a one way conversation without your response. I'd love to hear your comments...please check back for my reply. Life and laughter is best enjoyed with friends. Thanks for stopping by!