Saturday, October 6, 2012

An Autumn Tale: Warm & True


Once upon a time when chill came to harken the change of seasons, Husband bought an electric throw blanket. All fleecy and green, it held great potential. But Wifey with the chilly hands and popsicle toes kept forgetting to use it.

Then one night she crawled into bed and her little toes met sweet warmth under blanket and flannel. Husband had covered the foot of the bed with lovely blanket set on high well ahead of nighty night time. And every evening after that, as long as chill persisted...and because her memory was not what it used to be...she was surprised and delighted anew by the warmth and would shout aloud or to herself, "Oh what a precious husband!"

Last night it happened again for the first time this season. 

Wifey is so grateful that Husband thinks ahead to slay the cold and give her tender covering. A good man is a blessing indeed. 

And they lived cosily ever after.

The End


2 comments:

  1. Bernadette I also have a good man, who several mornings ago got up early before work and built a fire in the stove. the first fire of the season and me, being not as grateful or wise as you, got out of bed and asked him to stop building because I was worried about the first fire being built without my being up to watch it after he left for work (yes I am incredibly paranoid) He told me that he cleaned the chimney and it would be fine so go back to bed (looking slightly annoyed at my ungratefulness) So I went back to bed and woke up three hours later and sat on the couch in front of the fire letting that particular heat of a wood stove soaking into my bones and sighed with happiness for a husband who thinks of me and also ignores me when I need to be ignored. The fire burned fine and my love for Daniel burned all the brighter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Love! This is really cute--simply sweet. :) I like Dad, too. He'd put the oil heater in my room. Kinda miss that now ;)

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! This blog is a one way conversation without your response. I'd love to hear your comments...please check back for my reply. Life and laughter is best enjoyed with friends. Thanks for stopping by!