Wednesday, March 25, 2015

I am bleeding


I am hemorrhaging. Not literally, but it feels that way.

Life is in the blood... and I am bleeding. So much around me is bleeding out.

How can I stand up to this onslaught of life seeping, life-sucking bleeding? Today I feel so fragile and weak in it's wake. Life leaving and lives moved on, taking away community and, ultimately, identity. Though I've watched it happen, I did not foresee identity tumbling, staggering, gasping.

Who am I in this death march?

So much transition, loss, change in five, six, seven years time... and now this.

Jesus, You are still the rock I stagger on. I know You are there, but my heart aches and bleeds with all around me. I have stood up to it so long, but I am weakening. There is only so much... too much...
I feel my legs buckling and my heart caving in. I'm so tired of being strong and steadfast. I don't even want You to be my strength. I want to curl up and close my eyes and be done.

I am weary and I can hardly see You for all the blood.

Yet You bled for all this, too.

I know.

Still, today there is grief and heaviness... and no time to stop. No time to be weak.

For every time there is a season...

This is the season of dying, but no time to die.
This is the season of weariness, but life does not care.
Of losing myself in the bleeding and not wanting to fight anymore.

Not even sure why I think I need to be strong, but I have always thought I must.

How can I care for others when life of soul and spirit are leaking out? Most days I soldier on and fake it with grief dragging like a millstone.

Oh, how I long to really rest in a spacious, life-giving place. How I long to breathe again.

I've known that life before. It seems an age away. Someone else's life.

How I long to be her again...


But, how will I stop the bleeding?


*       *       *       *       *       *       *


Sometimes life is real and my heart is raw. Most days I keep that to myself. 

Today I let it spill. 

The circumstances: too numerous, thus purposely vague. 
My heart: on my sleeve, clearly bleeding.
No pat answers. No platitudes. 
Just a snapshot in real time.

If you're here too, know that someone else is trudging along... and journaling blog-like prayers.  




4 comments:

  1. This breaks my heart, B. Praying for comfort, rest, grace, and strength for you, dear friend! Wish I could be there to pray with you, hug you, and just be. Lots and lots of love from MT, and if you guys ever want to get away for a weekend, you always have a place to stay here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you, Allison. Thank you for your prayers. I usually just put my happy face on and hide when life is like this. Decided not to, this time. Maybe someone else who's struggling will read it and not feel alone... And thank you for opening your hearts to us as well as offering your home. Friends like you make our lives rich and certainly make the hard paths more bearable. xox

      Delete
  2. Bernadette:
    Just seeing this post this morning (Friday), but I am certain your circumstances have not change in so little a time.
    Praying for you, friend.
    And even in this time of struggle and breaking and yes, bleeding, you are still clinging to the one unchangeable: God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God never leaves, nor forsakes. Such a great truth to hold on to in the craziness of life. Such a wonderful Savior and Father to hold me always. Thank you for your prayers, Beth. Circumstances have not changed, but great comfort has come through the love and prayers of precious friends. Through this season of pain, I know God is working something wondrous in my heart. Beauty for ashes.

      Delete

Let's talk! This blog is a one way conversation without your response. I'd love to hear your comments...please check back for my reply. Life and laughter is best enjoyed with friends. Thanks for stopping by!