Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Prepare Him Room


Our feelings about the holiday season can be complicated. Shaped by childhood memories, tradition, and beliefs, tempered by joys and sorrows, even reflecting the diversity of our personalities and preferences, there is no one size fits all. Nor does there need to be. 

So, while all around me the festivities are in full ramp and twinkle, Christmas and all the trappings will come slowly and sparingly to this minimalist’s heart and home. Sometimes - some season’s of life - I need to clear space in my head first. Most often I don’t take the time. But this year I’m determined to exchange the baggage of holiday expectations for the clarity of my “whys.” What choices, inward and outward, will stifle them and which will breath life and peace to the reason for the season in my heart? 

While I work this out, one choice is simple. I chose Christ decades ago. 
He is all my heart needs. At Christmastime, to me, all the rest is window dressing. 



Lights, trees, and wreaths will add adornment soon, 
but for now I will gaze upon this unassuming scene, simple and quiet, 
reminding me to let my heart and mind prepare Him room.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk! This blog is a one way conversation without your response. I'd love to hear your comments...please check back for my reply. Life and laughter is best enjoyed with friends. Thanks for stopping by!