Sunday, May 8, 2011

The day after the wedding...


I always love the day after the wedding. As morning chases away dreamland, memories begin dancing - the way she looked, his smiling face, heartfelt vows and toasts, "family" by the hundreds, and so many loving, helping hands. These are the things that keep me going when wedding planning hits that midway point, maybe frustrations have arisen, and inevitably I'm feeling buried under that relentless wedding list. I remind myself of the incredible joy of seeing it all unfold. I can plan and work out the details of logistics, food, and decorations, but it's the intangibles that never cease to bring surprise and such great joy. 

The sense of love and fellowship that make, in this case, over 300 people seem like a close family gathering, music that expresses the couples heart, the blessing of a pastor's personal words, vows tenderly spoken, and all of it testifying to the fact that there was another Hand at work in the wedding planning. He is the Lord of the wedding feast. And I bow to Him today and thank Him for the richness of life in Him, for strength and provision, for food and dancing and laughter. 

As Ty shared with Danny and Monica last night, "Is marriage hard? Yes! Is it worth it? Absolutely!" And so too, for me, was the journey of planning this, my last child's wedding. Very hard at times, exhausting often, but so worth every errand run, every phone call made, every yard of fabric cut and flower purchased. Thank you, Lord, for Your master plan. I always pray that the Holy Spirit will be the defining adornment of my kids' weddings. And I do love the anticipation of seeing just how He will show up "this time." He was so present last night and wrote a new song in my heart, so I think I'll go dance in those memories just a little longer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk! This blog is a one way conversation without your response. I'd love to hear your comments...please check back for my reply. Life and laughter is best enjoyed with friends. Thanks for stopping by!