Monday, June 27, 2011

Gossamer


~Dedicated to my beautiful Jillian, my joy who came after the sorrows.


Gossamer:  n. a soft sheer gauzy fabric…something delicate, light, or flimsy...a fine film of cobwebs often seen floating in the air...adj. sheer, light, delicate, or tenuous.

Gossamer

Phone rings
Chafes the scar 
Yesterday's pain unburied

Precious life
Gossamer
Cradled on wisp, away

Oh these cobwebs 
Memories woven
Joy to sorrow unraveling

Relentless night
The flow of life
Ebbs soft, in shawl of pain

Though day reveals
Heart made raw
Wrapped in tattered garment

Beyond the weave
Soul will see
His wings unfurled, unchanging  

~B. DesChamps
  June 23, 2011

...that which tears open our souls, those holes that splatter our sight, may actually become the thin, open places to see through the mess of this place to the heart-aching beauty beyond. To Him. To the God whom we endlessly crave.”  ~Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts

While my son was very young and before we were blessed with Jillian, I cried through two miscarriages nearly a year apart. So long ago… And now my lovely daughter knows that same ache, and that far off pain feels like yesterday.

I'm so sorry, Jilly...

Through it all, I will stand by Jillian and share her tears. For if I’m willing to rejoice fully with those who rejoice, I must be willing to mourn deeply with those who mourn, or I live only half a life. Life is joy, wonder, and laughter. Life is sorrow, loss, and tears. I must embrace it all to fully live.  

And I desire that she should learn to live as well; to dance the dance of life…and be healed. Grace can teach us both to dance with loss as gracefully as with joy.  And while we’re learning, Jesus will take our hands, kiss our dampened cheeks, and hold our hearts to His.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk! This blog is a one way conversation without your response. I'd love to hear your comments...please check back for my reply. Life and laughter is best enjoyed with friends. Thanks for stopping by!