Sunday, September 18, 2011

Croatia: To Zagreb, then home...Part 18


Just when I thought I would have a quiet evening last night and get to bed early...

Darko met us for coffee at the hotel at 9pm. He said he had somewhere he wanted to take me, but mom wasn't invited. Haha! He said she was too old. Oh dear! She did her little lip quiver thing that makes it look like she's going to cry...but in the end she went up to read and I went with Darko. He wanted to take me to a big celebration that was going on at the Tennis Club in Ogulin. He is the president of the Ogulin Sports Club, so being a part of these events is part of his job. There had been people there all day from Ogulin and other towns playing tennis all day - from ages 7 to 70. In the evening they had a big feast of roasted pig, salads, and fresh bread. What he especially wanted me to see was the small Croatian band that was playing traditional music. There were four men playing the bass, the guitar, a tamborica (a traditional Croatian instrument about the size of a mandolin), and a harmonica (accordian). It was great to hear their folk songs.

Now it is Sunday morning. We have siad our goodbyes to Mato, had our last cappuccino at the office, and are checking out. We will head for Zagreb today and home tomorrow. I hope you've enjoyed our adventures. At first it seemed surreal to be hear, now it's a bit surreal to be going home.

For the last time...Bok and love from Zagreb,
Bernadette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk! This blog is a one way conversation without your response. I'd love to hear your comments...please check back for my reply. Life and laughter is best enjoyed with friends. Thanks for stopping by!